At Nulogy, we power contract packaging innovation with our solutions. We’re looking for smart and motivated people who work amazingly in teams to join us in this journey. This could be the beginning of something special.
Nulogy is looking for systems administrators that are a combination of the following roles: detective, firefighter and toolmaker.
- As a detective, you will identify and evaluate technical issues from a problem management perspective.
- As a firefighter, you will troubleshoot and solve any issues that customers identify from an incident management perspective.
- As a toolmaker, you will establish, maintain, and coordinate any scripts or tools and the accompanying processes that are used for our internal and production systems.
Overall, you will be part of our Infrastructure team, responsible for ensuring that applications run smoothly from both the infrastructure side as well as from the customer’s perspective.
As a Systems Administrator at Nulogy, you will join a talented team of individuals who are responsible for the continuous availability and continuous improvement of our server side IT.
You'll be a compassionate hero to our Marketing, Product, Sales, Customer Success and Professional Services teams.
Every day you'll learn new devops tools and gain sysadmin wisdom and experience. Your expertise and care will represent a part of Nulogy’s value proposition to our customers.
As an Infrastructure Systems Administrator, specific duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Report to the Director of Information Technology.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures to avoid system failures.
- Set user access rights and permissions and manage accounts for users
- Execute onboarding and offboarding processes with due care to security considerations
- Take regular backups of server files and maintain disaster recovery operations.
- Perform data center and network related tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Provide job trainings to new hires and to our Desktop IT team as needed.
- Provide assistance to other Desktop and Infrastructure Administrators when requested.
- Perform failure analysis and determine corrective action plans. Use your analytical skills to dissect code, server logs and other metrics to provide problem-solving services to resolve issues as they arrive in an incident queue.
- Plan and execute allotted work within deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks.
- Maintain accurate documentations for system installations, configurations, upgrades and disaster recovery activities.
- Oversee the management and renewal of our domain name assets
- Create tests, perform quality control, and generate ideas for tools to improve productivity and performance of your team and others
- Develop devops recipes and scripts in Chef, Ruby and other languages to automate deployments
- Attend conferences to expand our teams’ knowledge
- Participate in a 24x7 oncall rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or a post-secondary diploma in Systems Administration or Computer Programming, or equivalent experience.
- Please note that we require all Systems Administrators to pass a criminal record check, and to possess their own cell phone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have a proven track record for solving complex problems
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills (planning & organizing)
- A team player with excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines
- 5+ years of experience using Linux
- 5+ years: Experience with IT operations and systems support
- 2+ years: Infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Heroku, Docker)
- 2+ years: Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 2+ years: Application server administration experience (nginx, unicorn, monit)
- 2+ years: Monitoring: (NewRelic, Nagios, Nagiosql, Cacti, Sensu)
- Experience using data storage and queues: (PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience using continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
Nice to Have
- Experience securing applications with cryptography for information transit and storage
- A Github with interesting projects on it
Motivations & Interests
- Have a knack for seeing things from the perspective of others
- Aligned with our motto: “It’s not just business, it’s personal.”
- Amazing customer service attitude - you must love helping people
- Strong technical aptitude- Nulogy’s products help our customers solve complex supply chain problems and you will be our customers’ trusted technology advisor
- Detail-oriented - you enjoy learning Nulogy’s products in great depth so that you can in turn help our customers use our products to solve problems
- Self motivated - you like autonomy and work well under pressure
- Business acumen - you love working with customers to drive value creation for our customers and for Nulogy